PRECOOKED SORGHUM OR JOWAR
- Rich in Vitamin E & Vitamin K
- Helps in weight loss
- Rich in Magnesium, Zinc & Iron
- Add one teaspoon to ready soup or porridge for a complete meal.
- Prepare rotis with it.
- Can be added to smoothies.
- Can be added to dosa batter.
- Mix one teaspoon of the flour in warm water, and add boiled vegetables & spices.
Ingredients: Sorghum (Jowar)
- The sorghum is composed of starch, soluble sugar and fibre. Sorghum contains SDS (Slow Digestible Starch) in good amounts. SDS has a functional property which prolongs digestion and absorption of carbohydrates in the intestine. SDS is favourable for dietary management and for metabolic disorders such as hyperlipidaemia and diabetes.
- Sorghum also has a good amount of dietary fibre and plays the role of bulking agent, binding agent of cholesterol, increases transit time and retards carbohydrate absorption. The high fibre also has significant positive effect on preventing and managing disease like constipation, irritable bowel syndrome and obesity.
- Sorghum is a good source of B vitamins except Vit B 12. Good amount of Vit E and K are found.
- Sorghum is gluten free.
- Sorghum grain though low in Vit C, is increased by the sprouting process. This along with good amount of flavinoids makes it a potent antioxidant.
- Sorghum contains good amount of magnesium, zinc and iron.